Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Little Super Heroes

I have been working hard and I am pretty pleased with the result. 

First good news: I did 3 collaborations (each piece with another artist) and 2 have been chosen to be shown at Spectrum with "Art is Life" during Art Basel.... do I will not show you these yet.. come to Miami in December. Also the Girl with the Robot Dog was selected, so imagine the enormous smile on my face when I heard this.

After finishing the above collaboration, I did a collaboration with a local artist called Registered Artist for his solo show "With a little help of my friends". All the pieces in the show are - yes you guessed it - collaborations between him and another artist. We made a piece titled "Little Big Batman".

Little Big Batman
20" x 20"
Mixed Media




Then I was invited to participate in a pop-up show (yes, the one you set-up, show and break-down in one day) in Downtown Miami and liking my little batman as much as I did, I decided to make two more super heroes.

Little Captain America
14" x 18"
Acrylics on Boxed Birch Wood

Little Super Girl
18" x 14"
Acrylics on Boxed Birch Wood
Finally I also painted a little piece for that same pop-up which was sold within hours after hanging... and let me tell you it is a great feeling to see someone look at your work and falling in love with it.

The Little Girl with the Curly Hair
9" x 12"
Acrylics on 300 Lbs Cold Pressed Water Color Paper



And I a back in the studio.. working on new pieces... perhaps more super heroes... soon you will know.

4 comments:

  1. Be assured that I look at all your work and fall in love with it and I know everyone else does too. Oh that little girl with the curly hair!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. The last one is sold but I will be making new ones.. :)

      Delete
  2. I love these! What a neat idea to do the younger versions :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks RK.. I am full of neat ideas... ask the Hitman...lol

      Delete