Monday, July 29, 2013

Artist Profile - in Soul of Miami.

Sometimes life can take a strange turn, surprises come on your path and sometimes they are great. Just like the other day when I was asked if  "they" could do a profile on me. Now I do know the people of the Soul of Miami and I love what they are doing, so I didn't think twice and said yes!!

and this is the result of me agreeing:

http://www.soulofmiami.org/2013/07/29/local-artist-profiles-monique-lassooij-2/

And if you could see my smile now... I think I will keep it for a while.

I was also busy working on some new additions to the series "Proprietary Innocence" and here are some of my new paintings :



 Little Mona
11" x 14"
Acrylics and Resin on Italian Gesso Panel



Little Jimi
11" x 14"
Acrylics and Resin on Italian Gesso Panel



Little Frida
8" x 10"
Acrylics and Resin on Italian Gesso Panel

And I just started to paint Little Janis Joplin  and sketched Little Kurt Cobain... yes, more to come...

4 comments:

  1. I am so proud to know you and to read the wonderful piece about you. Just think, I am the proud owner of a couple of your wonderful paintings. Now you must do a "Little Monique L". Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Annie.. Little Monique L... now that is really disturbed...lol

      Delete
  2. That was such a nice piece! It was great to learn more about you. I love it that you do the charity work as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you RK... I am so happy with this piece... and yes I do some charity..but I wish I could do more.... (people just have to pay more for my work in auction...lol)

      Delete